- W. A. MOZART Symphony No. 38, K. 504 (Prague)
- W. A. MOZART Songs: Die Zufriedenheit K. 349, Der Zauberer K. 472, Das Veilchen K. 476
- W. A. MOZART Ch’io mi scordi di te, K. 505
- W. A. MOZART Funeral Music, K. 477
- W. A. MOZART Piano Concerto No. 24, K. 491
- Leif Ove Andsnes piano and director
- Christiane Karg soprano
- Matthew Truscott concertmaster and leader
ABOUT THIS CONCERT
The Mahler Chamber Orchestra holds a strong connection to its roots, never forgetting where it came from and how it has grown since its founding day. The first tour of the summer reflects that by joining Artistic Partner Leif Ove Andsnes in his country of origin, Norway. Starting the tour in the northern atmosphere of Bodø, they will initiate the last part of a two-year adventure in the exploration of the most fruitful years in Mozart’s life as a composer, Mozart Momentum 1785/1786. The tour celebrates a grandiose finish with the MCO’s annual residency at the BBC Proms. Several Mozart-filled programs will alternate symphonic, chamber and vocal music.
With Leif Ove Andsnes as Artistic Partner, the MCO started experimenting with the play-lead concept. It is strongly based on excellent communication between all musicians, passing around the lead to create a more fluid, flexible and vivid way of creating music and blurring the lines between soloist and orchestra. This way of music-making has shaped and keeps on defining the artistic identity of the Mahler Chamber Orchestra.
- The Mahler Chamber Orchestra’s travel to and from Bodø is kindly supported by the Berlin Senate Department for Culture and Europe.