Presented by: Teatro Real
- M. DE FALLA Harpsicord concerto
- I. STRAVINSKY Pulcinella suite
- M. DE FALLA El Retablo del Maese Pedro
- Pablo Heras-Casado conductor
- Airam Hernandez tenor
- José Antonio López bass-baritone
- Adeline Tadea d’Aviau de Ternay Baciero / Héctor López de Ayala Uribe child soprano (from Pequeños Cantores de la JORCAM)
- Benjamin Alard harpsichord
ABOUT THIS CONCERT
Discovering the music of Manuel de Falla has always been at the centre of the projects the MCO has taken on with Pablo Heras-Casado.
This time, they will come together and bring life to the story of Don Quichote through de Falla’s composition “El Retablo del Maese Pedro”, a hand-puppet opera. To celebrate the 100th anniversary of the birth of the oeuvre, the MCO and Pablo Heras-Casado will perform a program centred on the piece and make a recording out of it for Harmonia Mundi.
Similar to earlier collaborations with the Spanish maestro, the music of de Falla will be paired with a composition by Stravinsky. The Pulcinella suite, derived from ballet, depicts the story of Pulcinella’s love affairs. The latter, despite his love for Pimpinella, cannot avoid seducing other women, from Rosetta to Prudenza, as well as Mrs. Tartaglia. His infidelity gets him into trouble before everyone kisses and gets married.
- Harpsichord generously donated by Rafael Puyana to the Manuel de Falla Archive.